Monday, August 24, 2009

Shark Chronicles 057 - One month in Mossel Bay… Not enough!



It is the beginning of my last weekend here... I’m trying to find the words to describe the experience, seated in our lunch room, while the guys are deciding what we are going to do in the next days. Probably Bunjee jumping... Another exciting thing I’d never thought to do. ‘Cause here, at the Oceans, the adventures are everyday occurrences.

On Monday we had the best chumming trip of the month, definitely. We saw 11 sharks, one of them bigger than 4 meters and... A “sneaky” one that breached just near our boat! Amazing!

The weather wasn’t so good but this doesn’t keep us from surfing and exploring caves and have a lot of fun, as usual.

But the best news of the week is that Cheetah was finally fixed, so we could have seal survey this night. It was fantastic to eat Dros’s pizzas at sea, with the stars surrounding us and the seals swimming near the boat leaving behind a trail of bioluminescence .

My month here flew away quickly... I lived through a lot of experiences and emotions. It was not just for the beautiful landscapes and for the beautiful context in which we lived all together, but also for the people I met. Some of the most “creapy, sneaky, stinky, crazy” and... Wonderful people I have ever met. It was one of the best experiences of my life, for all that I learned and for all that I did. And all the staff is simply perfect...

One month is really not enough...


Piera Carpi -OCEANS intern

No comments: